WHAT TO EXPECT
We will hike the Wachau World Heritage Trail around the charming medieval village of Spitz. It is a pleasant 3-hour hike, up and down through vineyards, forests of holm oaks and pine trees, passing by beautiful rock formations and enjoying amazing views on the river Danube. We wander through quaint villages featuring colourful houses and lovingly tended gardens. Fruit trees, fragrant herbs and flowers delight our senses. Depending on the season we can taste wild-growing cherries, apples, plums, berries, grapes and walnuts. Dive deeper...
I created this tour especially for people who wish to experience nature with all their senses, slow down and discover the landscape by walking. We will be far away from the crowds, exploring the hidden paths and silent forest trails of the Wachau valley. This part of the Wachau World Heritage Trail features a panoramic path, which allows us to enjoy fantastic views into the valley. Let me show you the magic and hidden beauties of this natural treasure!
After a short public bus ride back to our starting point, we have the chance to try some local food and wine of the region (optional), before heading back to Vienna. Commuting time from/to Vienna is approx. 2,5 hours.
I consider the hike of easy-moderate difficulty because of its length. The terrain is partly rocky and rooted (1/3) and partly easy forest road (2/3). Distance: 11 km (7 miles).
- 09.15 departure from Wien Hütteldorf
- 10.30 start of the hike
- 16.30 arrival in Wien Hütteldorf
We meet in Wien Hütteldorf for carpooling. Directions from the city centre: take the U4 subway (green line) to the terminus Hütteldorf and follow the exit Keißlergasse. Take the escalator and wait either in or in front of the building (bus terminal). From Karlsplatz/city centre, it is a 15-minute ride to Hütteldorf.
The price includes the guided hike by a certified guide. Enjoy the personalised attention in a small group: we adapt to your speed and wishes.
Not included are transfers, food & drink, entry fees, personal insurance including mountain rescue and equipment. The ticket for a short bus ride to Spitz is EUR 3,50
- Carefully read and follow the recommendations under tips and tricks.
- Please have enough money in cash with you for the bus ride and restaurant.
- Please contact me if you have any questions or have a look at our FAQ
- Thank you for being on time! Guests who arrive later than 15 minutes after scheduled departure are considered as a no-show and not entitled to any refund.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2
- For a full refund, cancel at least 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start. After that, we cannot grant any refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund. Nevertheless, in individual cases, the tour can be carried out already from one participant.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Read more in our Terms & Conditions