WHAT TO EXPECT
After 1,5 hours drive, we reach the base camp of the Nature Park Ötscher-Tormäuer, where we have to pay a small maintenance fee.
Passing by several waterfalls along the way, we follow the river Erlauf, which carries an amazing crystal clear green water. In summer, there will be time to take a refreshing bath in the stream for those who are brave enough. Over thousands of years, the river has dug its way through the limestone at the foot of the Ötscher mountain and left behind a unique landscape of canyons. Dive deeper...
I consider this hike of moderate difficulty. You should be in good physical condition and enjoy walking. In addition to that, be sure-footed and free from vertigo (alpine climb). The terrain is alpine, rocky and narrow. 1/3 of the trail is in a forest. Walking time is +/- 3 hrs. Elevation gain/loss: 430 m (1.411 ft) / 350 m (1.148 ft), Distance: 9 km (5.6 miles)
- 08.30 departure from Wien Hütteldorf
- 10.00 arrival in Wienerbruck, start of the hike
- 16.00 arrival in Wien Hütteldorf
We meet in Wien Hütteldorf for carpooling. Directions from the city centre: take the U4 subway (green line) to the terminus Hütteldorf and follow the exit Keißlergasse. Take the escalator and wait either in or in front of the building (bus terminal). From Karlsplatz/city centre, it is a 15-minute ride to Hütteldorf.
The price includes the guided hike by a certified guide. Enjoy the personalised attention in a small group: we adapt to your speed and wishes.
Not included are transfers, food & drink, entry fees, personal insurance including mountain rescue and equipment. The entry fee to the nature park is EUR 6,–.
- Carefully read and follow the recommendations under tips & tricks.
- If you want to jump into the river, bring swimwear and a light towel (summer only)!
- Please bring some money in cash with you, many restaurants do not accept card payments.
- If you have further questions, please contact me or have a look at our FAQ .
- Thank you for being on time! Guests who arrive later than 15 minutes after scheduled departure are considered as a no-show and not entitled to any refund.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: 2
- For a full refund, cancel at least 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start. After that, we cannot grant any refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund. In individual cases, the tour can be carried out already from one participant.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Read more in our Terms & Conditions