WHAT TO EXPECT
I just can say: I am in love with Lunz am See! This place is very special to me, it has a unique atmosphere. I hope you will love it, too :) We start our hike on a shady forest trail next to the lake. Later, we pass by a mysterious, old palace (private property) and follow the trail uphill. Most of the path is in the forest, so it is the perfect choice on a hot summer day! Nevertheless, we enjoy great views on the lake and cross pastures and farmlands alike. Another highlight of the hike is the walk on a ridge high above the lake.
After approx. 3 hours walking, we reach the cute lido of the lake and have enough time for swimming and relaxing on the lakeshore. If you wish to explore the lake by boat, there is the possibility to rent paddle boats and stand-up paddling boards. The kiosk offers tasty snacks and homemade pastries. I recommend trying the banana cake. If you like to have a bigger meal, you can opt for the restaurant featuring a big terrasse overlooking the lake and a great variety of local dishes, including fish. At 5 pm we start our way back to Vienna.
I consider the Lunz am See hike of moderate difficulty. The trail mainly consists of forest roads. There are parts of moderate steep ascents and descents. Hiking boots or sneakers with a good grip are essential. Walking time is approx. 3 hours (without breaks).
- 08.00 departure from Wien Hütteldorf
- 09.45 arrival in Lunz am See, start of the hike
- 13.30 time for swimming & relaxing
- 17.00 departure
- 18.45 arrival in Wien Hütteldorf
We meet in Wien Hütteldorf for carpooling. Directions from the city centre: take the U4 subway (green line) to the terminus Hütteldorf and follow the exit Keißlergasse. Take the escalator and wait either in or in front of the building (bus terminal). From Karlsplatz/city centre, it is a 15-minute ride to Hütteldorf.
The price includes the guided hike by a certified guide. Enjoy the personalised attention in a small group: we adapt to your speed and wishes.
Not included are transfers, food & drink, entry fees, boating/SUP, personal insurance including mountain rescue and equipment. The entrance fee to the lido is EUR 5,–.
- Carefully read and follow the recommendations under tips & tricks.
- Don’t forget to bring SWIMWEAR and a towel!
- Please have some money in cash with you for the lido and the restaurant.
- Please contact me if you have any questions or have a look at our FAQ .
- Thank you for being on time! Guests who arrive later than 15 minutes after scheduled departure are considered as a no-show and not entitled to any refund.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 3
- For a full refund, cancel at least 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start. After that, we cannot grant any refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund. Nevertheless, in individual cases, the tour can be carried out already from one participant.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Read more in our Terms & Conditions