WHAT TO EXPECT
We do an exquisite and pleasant hiking tour on the southern edge of the Vienna Woods on the old Via Sacra pilgrim path. Since this hike is following mostly panoramic trails, we will enjoy amazing views throughout the hike. The landscape is very idyllic with little farms, orchards, cows and horses. It resembles a bit “the Shire” of Lord of the Rings, so let’s search for the Hobbits :) Dive deeper...
This hike is ideal for anyone who wants to explore the near countryside of Vienna, get out of the city, enjoy amazing views, inhale fresh air and enjoy some peace and quiet. It is easy to walk, and suitable for beginners. The lovely, hilly picture-book landscape invites you into dreaming and can even trigger feelings of happiness if one allows oneself to get into it. I especially recommend the Let’s search for the Hobbits tour in spring or autumn. The light is special and we can admire either the first spring flowers or the splendour of colours of the trees in autumn. Commuting time from the meeting point in Vienna is 30 minutes (one way).
I consider this an easy hike and anyone with an average fitness level should be able to master it. Hiking time is approx. 3 hours. Distance: 12 km.
- 09.30 departure from Wien Hütteldorf
- 10.00 start of the hike
- 14.30 arrival in Wien Hütteldorf
We meet in Wien Hütteldorf for carpooling. Directions from the city centre: take the U4 subway (green line) to the terminus Hütteldorf and follow the exit Keißlergasse. Take the escalator and wait either in or in front of the building (bus terminal). From Karlsplatz/city centre, it is a 15-minute ride to Hütteldorf.
The price includes the guided hike by a certified guide. Enjoy the personalised attention in a small group: we adapt to your speed and wishes.
Not included are transfers, food & drink, entry fees, personal insurance including mountain rescue and equipment.
- Carefully read and follow the recommendations under tips & tricks
- Please have enough money in cash with you, the mountain hut does not accept card payment.
- Please contact me if you have any questions or have a look at our FAQ .
- Thank you for being on time! Guests who arrive later than 15 minutes after scheduled departure are considered as a no-show and not entitled to any refund.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2
- For a full refund, cancel at least 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start. After that, we cannot grant any refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund. In individual cases, the tour can be carried out from one participant.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Read more in our Terms & Conditions