WHAT TO EXPECT
After a two-hour drive from Vienna, we reach the parking lot of the Bärenschützklamm canyon. Here we start our sweaty, yet rewarding hike to the entrance of the gorge where we have to pay a small maintenance fee.
The Bärenschützklamm canyon itself is impressive, wooden ladders with handrails lead all the way through it to the top. You should be sure-footed and have no fear of heights. During the climb, we can watch the wild water cascades as they intrepidly make their way down into the depths and enjoy all kinds of rugged rock formations.
After we have mastered the tiring ascent through the gorge, we recharge our batteries with a well-deserved snack at the refuge. Here we have the chance to have a cool beer or coffee, connect with fellow hikers or just sunbathe. The return path leads us over forest roads and woodland trails back to the parking lot.
I consider this a demanding hike. Please only sign up if you are in very good physical shape, have no fear of heights and are sure-footed. Hiking through the gorge means climbing up 51 wooden ladders and crossing 109 bridges while conquering 732 meters of altitude. Walking time: approx. 4,5 hrs (excl. breaks)
- 08.00 departure U3 Kendlerstrasse (exit Opfermanngasse/in front of FitInn fitness club)
- 10.00 arrival in Mixnitz, start of the hike
- 12.30 lunch break (approx.)
- 15.00 departure
- 17.00 arrival U3 Kendlerstrasse
We meet at U3 Kendlerstrasse/exit Opfermanngasse for carpooling. Take the U3 subway (orange line) and get off at the stop Kendlerstrasse. Follow the EXIT Opfermanngasse and use the first gate. Wait in front of the FitInn fitness club.
The price includes the guided hike by a certified guide. Enjoy the personalised attention in a small group: we adapt to your speed and wishes.
Not included are transfers, food & drink, entry fees, personal insurance including mountain rescue and equipment. The entry fee to the gorge is EUR 3,50.
- Carefully read and follow the recommendations under tips & tricks
- Please bring along some money in cash, the mountain hut does not accept card payment
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact me or take a look at our FAQ .
- Thank you for being on time! Guests who arrive later than 15 minutes after scheduled departure are considered as a no-show and not entitled to any refund.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 2
- For a full refund, cancel at least 7 days before the tour is scheduled to start. After that, we cannot grant any refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of participants. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/tour or a full refund. In individual cases, the tour can be carried out already from one participant.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s cancelled because of poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- Read more in our Terms & Conditions